A high pitch sound (ultrasound) that cannot be heard by the human ear is targeted at a target site in the body, and the inside of the body is observed and diagnosed so that the information can be used for treatment. A transducer, which is a device that is about 2 - 10cm is used and moved around on the body. There is no pain except for the pressure of the transducer on the body, and it uses sound for the examination so it is safe. A jelly is applied to the examination area in order to make it easier to move the transducer over the body. Please come in wearing clothes which can open widely in the area of the inspection.
- Abdominal echo
- We mainly observe lesions of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen and kidney.
You expose your stomach and lay on your back. You may take a big breath or exhale or change your position to make the organs easier to see and to move the internal organs a little or change the position to move the gas in the stomach.
* Please be sure to check the precautions, because there are restrictions on meals and urination.
Please do not wear corrective underwear such as a body suit.
- Thyroid, cervical vascular echo
- Evaluate the presence of thyroid masses, inflammation, and arteriosclerosis in the carotid artery.
You will lie on your back without a pillow in order for the observation of a wide area from the neck to clavicle.
* Avoid wearing a collar such as a turtleneck.
Carotid artery (blood vessel) echo
Healthy vascular image
- Breast echo
- You will be shirtless and lie down on the bed in order to perform an inspection of the breast and armpit.
- Lower extremity (blood vessel) echo
- Observe the blood flow for the entire leg from the base of the leg to the ankle. You will take off your pants, long underwear, girdle, etc., and just wear nothing but a pair of underwear.
- Cardiac echo
Cardiac echo examination
Evaluate the heart size and shape, wall thickness, movement, valve abnormalities, and blood flow condition.
You will lie on your back or on your left side as we perform the examination. Please wear clothes that make it easy to expose your chest.