||Mondays - Saturdays (Except Sundays, national holidays and New Year holidays)
||8:30 a.m-11:00 a.m (Except when you have an appointment)
||9:00 a.m-5:00 p.m
Our reception desk is closed at 11:00 a.m, although we are open in the afternoon, Some medical services may not be available depending on the days and the specialties.
Mental Health Clinic is performed by appointment only.
|Patients with appointment slips
||You will be processed by the automatic revisit reception machine. (Some reception machines are available only for the patients with appointments.) Please come to the hospital before your appointment time.
|First time visit from another clinic department
||You will be processed by the automatic revisit reception machine. The patients who don’t have appointment slips need to be processed by the non-Appointment Dedicated Machine.
|Patients with a referral letter from another medical institution
||Submit your Patient Registration Card (ID card) and the referral letter at ② the re-visit reception desk on the first floor.
About multi-department consultations
If you wish to receive a "multi-department consultation" without a reservation, please register for them at the return visit reception machine by 11:00 a.m. respectively.
A person who is only requesting documents
Handling of hospitalization certificates and medical certificates
- Regarding requests
Please note that it may take a few days to prepare the document and the medical certificate.
- In principle, please request these at the outpatient reception of each department.
(Reservation Hours: Monday to Friday, 14:00-16:00)
- Please ask for the medical certificate at the outpatient reception of each department, etc. after discharge.
Note: Please ask for a medical document (certificate) when the discharge date is determined if you need to note the period of hospitalization in order to submit to a life insurance company, etc.
- The reception of a Medical Certificate for Advanced Emergency should be requested at the Department of Emergency Medicine (ER) reception desk.
- About reception
- Please collect this at the window where it was requested during the reception time.
- Please come to the ② Re-visit Reception before your consultation if your insurance card has changed or your effective date is expired.
- If your address or name has changed, please fill out our “Outpatient Medical Application” form at the new patient reception and submit it to the ① new patient reception [We will change your registration and Patient Registration Card (ID card)].
- If the following applies to you, you cannot check in on the automatic re-visit reception machine. Go to the specified counter.
1. If you have a referral letter
2. If you forget to bring or have lost your patient registration card
||8:15 a.m-11:00 a.m
(Except Sundays, National holidays and New Year holidays)
||Appointment Dedicated Machine 8:15 a.m-5:00 p.m
Combined Machine (For both Appointment/Non-Appointment)
8:15 a.m-11:00 a.m
(Except Sundays, national holidays and New Year holidays)
- For those who have visited us before
- If you have an appointment ・・・ Appointment Dedicated Machine, Combination Machine
- If you don’t have an appointment ・・・ Combination Machine
1)if you have an appointment
Please insert your Patient registration Card (ID Card)
in the automatic re-visit reception machine. Please pick up your reception slip and wait in front of the reception counter of the department which you want to visit. (If you are visiting ophthalmology, please talk to the ophthalmology outpatient counter immediately after you insert your registration card in the reception machine.)
If you have an appointment and have an examination before your consultation, or are visiting only for an examination, please come directly to the examination room.
2) If you don’t have an appointment
Please insert your Patient Registration Card (ID card)
into the automatic re-visit reception machine. Following the direction on the screen, choose your consultation department and complete the procedure. After the registration is completed, Please receive the Patient Registration Card (ID card) and the reception slip, and wait in front of the consultation room.
(If you are visiting ophthalmology, please talk to the ophthalmology outpatient counter immediately after you insert your registration card in the reception machine).
*Please contact us for more information.